The PlayStation Meeting took place in New York yesterday, featuring the reveal of two new PlayStation 4 consoles. As well as the things we knew from the leak, there was a lot of new information about the consoles revealed.
WHAT IS THE PS4 PRO?
The PS4 Pro has landed. The console, formally known as the PlayStation Neo prior to Sony’s official announcement, is the latest edition to the Sony PlayStation family.
It’s the PlayStation that’s perfect for anyone who’s serious about gaming at the highest quality. Its specification boasts a more powerful processor, improved graphics and full 4K Ultra-HD support. The latest device will be able to play all existing PS4 games in addition to providing the greatest gameplay functionality for all upcoming PlayStation releases.
4K & HDR SUPPORT
Gameplay has never looked better. A sharper, more responsive graphical experience awaits, not only will the PS4 support 4K game releases, the Pro will also stream 4K Video content. With inbuilt Netflix functionally, gamers will be able to stream over 600 Ultra-HD Netflix titles.
The PS4 Pro will also allow Ultra-HD YouTube streaming. If you’re looking for the best visual excellence in a console, look no further – the PS4 can’t be beaten.
NEW DUALSHOCK CONTROLLER
The all new DualShock pad contains a sleek translucent light strip at the helm of the controller’s multi-touch, clickable, touch pad. This allows players to view the controller’s light bar colour changes during gameplay, without the need to view the back of the DualShock device.
No longer is light bar used for solely player identification and system warnings, it’s become a fully immersive part of the gaming experience. With the wireless range also improving, the perfect gamepad just got even better.
1TB HARD DRIVE
The PS4 Pro lives up its professional title – Sony’s new release boasts a 1TB hard drive which reflects its robust build quality and powerful aesthetic.
The full specs of the PS4 Pro can be found below:
- Main processor: Custom-chip single Processor
- CPU: x86-64 AMD "Jaguar," 8 cores
- GPU: 4.20 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ based graphics engine
- Memory: GDDR5 8GB
- Storage size: 1TB
- External dimensions: Approx. 295×55×327 mm (width × height × length) (excludes largest projection)
- Mass: Approx. 3.3 kg
- BD/DVD Drive: BD × 6 CAV, DVD × 8 CAV
- Input/Output: Super-Speed USB (USB 3.1 Gen.1) port × 3, AUX port × 1
- Networking: Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)×1, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth® 4.0 (LE)
- Power: AC 100V, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: Max. 310W
- Operating temp: 5ºC – 35ºC
- AV Output: HDMI out port (supports 4K/HDR) DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) port